An ounce of almonds gives us 6gms of protein and carbohydrates, 3.5 gms of fiber and 14gms of fat (monounsaturated or the good fat).
• It prevents our body from absorbing the bad cholesterol especially when you use them instead of a less healthy fat choice.
• It has a very good quantity of calcium among nuts and hence can help in body building, healthy muscles, strong heart etc.
• If you are lactose intolerant you can use almond milk instead of cow’s milk and it is often fortified with nutrients and minerals.
• Every ounce of almond has 3.5 gms of fiber. Fiber helps prevent cardiovascular disease, diabetes and many other lifestyle related diseases.
• Almonds help you feel full and boost your metabolism as they are high in fiber.
• They come like a powerhouse of vitamin E and can help build up and repair cells.
• Almonds help feed healthy bacteria which in turn help us digest fiber, prevent infections.
So, reach out for that almond and reap all the benefits of eating it. There is always a question about soaking the almonds. Almonds can be eaten any which way. I would prefer raw soaked and peeled because the peel contains tannins which inhibit nutrient absorption. So, soak about 7 almonds overnight and then peel them and have them first thing in the morning. Also remember almonds are also full of fats(good). Good or bad they have high calories so always be careful of quantities lest they cause weight gain. And if you forget soaking them overnight you can still have them raw. Not soaking them shouldn’t stop you from eating it!!!Have a healthy day!!!